New Year New You. I have heard this a billion times. This cliche marketing quote is a solid for new years resolutions. But are you REALLY READY for a new you? If so, you have to work for it. Change habits and find a solid support group.
Want to succeed?!? This is what you need!
- Get a cute notebook, or start a file on your computer. WRITE DOWN (or type :-) ) your goals. Short term and long term. For example. 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and a year.
- BE REALISTIC!!!!
- Set more then weight goals. Set life goals. How your clothes fit, running a mile, hiking a goal trail, etc.
- Look at a calendar and again, be realistic. Look at your schedule and life. You have to factor in work, kids, and other commitments. You will have to schedule your workouts around these. It will be the only way it will work. MAKE SURE to schedule them though!
- Plan your workout plan. What do you like to do? Do you belong to a gym? Maybe you take stroller fitness classes, or take some boot camp classes outside of the gym.
- FIND SOME FITNESS GROUPONS! This is the best way to try something new!!! No commitment and usually 60% off. Try some kick boxing or yoga! I challenge you to try something new, you may like it!
- COMMIT to prep and plan your meals. This is a must. YOU HAVE HAVE HAVE to prep meals and plan ahead. No excuses, you need to stop at McDonalds because you didn't make dinner. Sit down and plan, you can do it, it just takes commitment and a different mindset.
- FIND YOUR SUPPORT GROUP!!! You can do this in numerous ways. Online, or in person. Social media has done wonders with linking the world together. There are a lot of great support groups for weight loss, and workouts out there!! If you are looking for something in person, do a google search in your area. There are lots of groups that meet and workout together! (For example, Mommy Moves fitness has their Clean Cut Nutrition and Fitness program with in person and online support, so anyone from anywhere in the country can join! www.mommy-moves.com)
- Don't want a group with strangers, RECRUIT YOUR FRIENDS!! Form your own support group! Commit to workouts together, check in with recipes and food plans!
There are really NO excuses in 2015! The only thing stopping you is YOU! Commit to yourself and your family in 2015. Let me know how I can help you!