MeridianMomTourage

Where local moms share, learn and grow together.

Hi!

The baby just hit 8 months old and separation anxiety is a HUGE issue here. It's been getting steadily worse the past two months, but now, now it's just pull your hair out stressful. (According to her pediatrician, she's fine - it's normal anxiety, just at a high level.)

She will sit on her own and play, but then there are times where as soon as her feet hit the floor she's screaming. She definitely does not like my husband (she'll look at him screaming as if to say "THIS is NOT my mom!") and continues to sob until I pick her back up.

I'm up for any ideas at this point. I'm not a fan of crying it out, but if she needs to cry for a teeny bit, well...

:)

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My daughter did the same thing.  It's hard while your dealing with it, but it is a phase and she will grow out of it.  Try not to give in the second she starts crying.  She will eventurally learn that mommy always comes back!  Good Luck

i just wrote a long response and it got deleted, but i was going to suggest Dr. Ferber's book.  he deals w/sleep training but i am pretty sure you can apply some of his philosophies here... in getting her to believe you REALLY ARE coming back for her.  :)  best of luck, and maybe by now the prob is gone!! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Flu Resource Center

Latest Activity

Heena Sood posted a discussion
Jun 5
Heena Sood posted a status
"Hello, I am a new Mommy. My daughter is 3mos and we are looking for mommy & me classes near Holmdel and surrounding areas. Any recs?"
Jun 5
Profile IconKimberly and Terri Hershkowitz joined MeridianMomTourage
Apr 11
Profile IconEllen Denver and Lauren Pappa joined MeridianMomTourage
Apr 5

© 2018   Created by Hackensack Meridian Health.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service